Re: Upgrading to SMP

Marc Schwartz wrote:

> I have been running RH on Dell Inspiron laptops, without problem. I
> don't use the SMP kernels, despite having an HT CPU, both due to
> problems and the lack of demonstrated performance benefit.

Good for you, I'm glad your happy.... but it seems your missing the point.
Your problem and performance issues may be resolved if you roll your own
kernel. Like I said, Red Hat supplied kernels are OK for the most part, but
they are sometimes not the best choice for every system.

--
"A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."