Re: Need help installing RPMs

Lenard <lenard@xxxxxxxxx> wrotc:

- Dazed wrote:

How do install a list of RPMs simultaneously in RH9?

The following ar emy instructions but I don't know how to install more
than one rpm at a time:
For installation use the following command: rpm -Uvh <RPMs list>

Another way (other than Nobody Here's way) is to simply;

rpm -Uvh *.rpm

This does assume that you have all the rpm packages that you want to install
in one folder (or directory) without any additional rpm packages and/or
subfolders.

Even better; they are in the same folder!
Thanks so much for the help!!!

  • Re: JDK
    ... you cannot install RPM packages the same way you do on a Red Hat or CentOS machine. ... Webupd8 has very well maintained PPA to easily get Oracle Java installed and running with just a few commands. ... Here are the 3 commands you need to run assuming you haven't screwed up your system too badly trying to install an RPM on a Debian/Ubuntu system,;). ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: rsync progress
    ... rpm was also installed. ... I don't think you /can/ install rpm on Ubuntu. ... Package management systems are one of the deepest divides between Linux distros. ... The first distro, pretty much, was the Softlanding Linux System, SLS. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Dependencies
    ... Should you install it or no? ... RPM is just a low-level tool that does one thing and that one ... If getting the GPG keys causes you heartburn, ... > To stay in the RPM subject, Apache give keys for their tarball versions. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Three newbie questions!
    ... You can see the main groups, then the applications ... Until you get to know the names of applications, it is best to use RPM ... You normally find a README, an INSTALL, and a doc ... If you have installed any libraries, then you must run the following ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • FW: [SLE] YaST Online Update Problem
    ... >>update one of the rpms manually to see if rpm will give you a better error ... >SuSE to try to apply one of the patches? ... >I've always used YaST for Online Updates and for installing new packages. ... Not only that, but at the end of the install, it ...
    (SuSE)