Re: Bittorrent installation

Stephane M wrote:

Hello,

I tried to use Bittorrent on my machine
did download the RPM file
But, now, how can I download a file ????
I can't make it work at all.. I can't find any manual on their website :
http://www.bittorrent.com

( I also did download the Windows version and seems to work quite straight
wiht the GUI)

but how to do this on Linux.
I did read the README , but explain how to transform bittorent into a file
server, buit I would like first to download the latest version of CentOS
v4.3-DVD.iso
Seems to be really hard :-(

thanks for your help

Steph

To use bittorrent on FC5, do the following:

1.) yum install bittorrent (only if you haven't install bittorrent on FC5)
2.) figure out where you want the download to go on your system
3.) download the torrent files:
e.g.
wget http://some_internet_address/torrent-filename

and finally to download the large file

4.) run: bittorrent-curses --max_upload_rate 350 torrent-filename-from-above

**) once your download is complete, please leave your downloader running so
it can help upload to other clients. This is what makes bittorrent
efficient.

  • Re: BitTorrent for dummies?
    ... dime or some of the other bittorrent sites. ... Setting up to download BitTorrent files is not as difficult as it may seem at first. ... Download a FLAC/SHN converter. ... Most of the "bittorent" files you download are going to be either .shn files or .flac files. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: BitTorrent
    ... Only having a vague idea of what this was all about I decided to download ... BitTorrent from their site and give it a whirl, ... reasons share video files across the net. ... These recordings are almost always ...
    (uk.rec.video.digital)
  • Re: OT: wtf is BitTorrent?
    ... You download small stub files called torrents (they are named like ... You open that file in your bittorrent client, ... then connect to peers who are sharing that file and download it for you. ... has any movie show, book and movie you can think of. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Free State Project: DVD Available for Download
    ... The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty ... role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. ... The DVD image is freely available via BitTorrent. ... This being BitTorrent, the more people that download, the faster it ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Free State Project: DVD Available for Download
    ... role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. ... The DVD image is freely available via BitTorrent. ... Once you've downloaded and installed Azureus (or if you already have a ... This being BitTorrent, the more people that download, the faster it ...
    (misc.survivalism)