Re: Fedora Core 5 ISO Mount Installation Question

Ok, thanks.

Lenard emailed this:
MS wrote:

Hi,

I've Red Hat 7.2 on my Linux machine and now want to install
Fedora Core 5 on the same Linux machine (not as a dual boot but as a
replacement).

Is it possible to *locally* mount the ISO image of FC5 on my RH 7.2
machine's hard disk and run the installation from that?

Yes it is possible but to save you all kinds of problems please burn the
image(s) to CD/DVD whichever the case may be. Make a backup of everything
that is important (IP settings, created personal files or whatever you can
think of) and save to another location (not on the hard drive[s]).

Install FC5 as fresh clean install on blank media (a wipe and load type of
install), upgrading from RHL7.2 is not worth it. The time you spend fixing
the problems should be better spent by making the backup first. The backup
will take less time then fixing the problems.

  • Re: how to understand the java code wrapping around C or other dependency libraries?
    ... on our linux machine. ... painful to install that C program for us due to the fact that the Red ... Hat version was old and the dependency library files are either ... So we cannot assume or require our clients to ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Samba Server crash
    ... my hair is the protection/permissions mechanism ... Exactly how frequently do you install software, ... root password once handles all the available updates of all the ... "standard desktop" install on the Linux machine, ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: LInux Backup
    ... >installed in my linux machine. ... What i would like to do is take a backup ... >install all the softwares and even the updated kernels again right from ... The best way is to buy another disk, and put it onto a remote computer ( ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Windows XP on a netbook "Packard Bell Dot S"?
    ... Windows XP on a netbook "Packard Bell Dot S"? ... It is possible to install Win XP. ... Packard Bell Dot S is, so I guess, dated somewhen autumn 2011. ... I had a linux machine that wouldn't power off. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Fedora Core 5 ISO Mount Installation Question
    ... I've Red Hat 7.2 on my Linux machine and now want to install ... the problems should be better spent by making the backup first. ... "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours, ...
    (linux.redhat.install)