Re: Is it possible to do a 'clean' installation of FC5?

Did you click on it our, paste/type it into the url bar?
I clicked on it and it took me to this address,
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/ch-disk-partitioning.html#sn-partitioning-general

very sneaky, guess the troubles with long links is they can wrap onto 2 lines, causing problems.

Flemming Hansen wrote:
Thank you for the advice.

Unfortunately the link in your answer does nok work in my browser.
"Page can not be found" ???

Markku Kolkka wrote:

Flemming Hansen wrote:

I can not browse web-pages with java on, and that is very important to
me. I have asked several forums without any luck, so the only solution
is to do a perfectly new clean install.

Why do you think that a clean install would help? FC5 doesn't include a
Java browser plugin. The Java installation process is the same in both
FC4 and FC5.

By clean installation I mean that I would like to wipe/format all the
Linux partitions during installation. But only the Linux partitions
should be wiped and not the Windows partitions.

1. Is this type of installation possible?

Yes. Just choose the right option at the partitioning options
screen. "Create custom layout" together with "Review and modify
partitioning layout" is the safest way.

2. Is there a guide somewhere to how this can be done?

http://tinyurl.com/qcye6

  • Re: Installer inadequacies
    ... Reinventing disk partitioning here is a total disaster. ... "New for the sake of being different" is a way of life in Fedora, and I find that the need to have the latest is the only objective being given value, while no thought is being given to preserving the value of experience gained by current users. ... Note that /boot is not encrypted but all the other Linux partitions ... selected) I selected the sole disk available for installation, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Installer inadequacies
    ... Reinventing disk partitioning here is a total disaster. ... I have been unable to use my existing partitions as I wish. ... to hold the latest and prior Fedora systems. ... selected) I selected the sole disk available for installation, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Want a HowTo for multibooting two or more Vista versions
    ... The use of XOSL removes the need for each Vista installation to have its own ... logical partitions. ... I have not actually read the license text in these folders, ...
  • Re: Two Lenny problems
    ... that the installation will have to be repeated in order to get the sound ... three partitions, but usually at least five ... The multiple partitions of Debian is one of the ... partitions and logical drives. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Is it possible to do a clean installation of FC5?
    ... Linux partitions during installation. ... Just choose the right option at the partitioning options ... "Create custom layout" together with "Review and modify ...
    (linux.redhat.install)