Re: Re-newbie to install Midnight Commander

nickjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi

I have downloaded Midnight Commander 4.6.1 pre1 as file
"mc-4.6.1-pre1.tar.tar". The first thing to do after re-installing a
FC-5.

Two ways, much easier and hardly any work for example;

yum install mc

rpm -Uvh
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/5/i386/mc-4.6.1a-26.fc5.i386.rpm

--
"A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."

  • Re: GRUB fails to load OS
    ... Check and see if grub is installed; rpm -qa 'grub' ... way as when you installed Fedora Core and use the Smart Boot Manager floppy ... "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours, ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: Somehow deleted RPM and YUM... help!
    ... > I wanted to remove mysql, so I opened yumex and filtered on "sql". ... > I can no longer access RPM or YUM, so I can' t install RPM or YUM (nice ... "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: eject doesnt with RHEL 4 (actually CentOS 4.2)...
    ... >> I did change the file after installing CentOS-4, it was one of the first ... >> $ rpm -q udev hal ... > I wonder why your udev is more up to date when I allow up2date applet to ... "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours, ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • Re: Yum/rpm - How do I rebuild database?
    ... News wrote: ... I cannot use rpm or yum. ... "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Catch 22 updating packages using RPM
    ... checked for dependencies and this is what I got:- ... Wait a second another Fedora Core rpm package, why ... "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)