Re: Installing Fedora Core 6 on Duo Core Mac

That worked. It took a few tries to get the Mac to boot to the DVD, but I
did install Fedora.

My only problem now is that I don't know how to get it to boot into Linux.
It keeps booting into OS X. Any idea how to change the operating system on
boot?

Thanks,
JM

"Markku Kolkka" <markku.kolkka@xxxxxx> wrote in message
Joe Murphy wrote:

I repartitioned the HDD on my Mac Mini (Intel DuoCore) and downloaed
Fedora Core 6. What do I need to put on a DVD to make it bootable for
the Mac?

Download the DVD .iso image, and burn it using a program that can create
disks from .iso image files. The resulting DVD should have several
files and subdirectories on it, not a copy of the .iso file.

--
Markku Kolkka
markku.kolkka@xxxxxx

  • Re: help installing tiger
    ... Yes, I know Tiger is a bit old now, it was on my shelf ... I get the "mac OS X install DVD" window, ... I hold down "C" to boot off the install disc. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: How to boot from a CD in a Mac that has the boot (firmware) password set?
    ... I booted my MacBook Pro from the Leopard install ... DVD, went to the "Utilities" menu, and set the Boot (Firmware) ... the article in the just published "Mac World" was ... DVD, go to the Utilities menu and reset the boot password? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Boot Problem
    ... I had originally set it up with the CD burner as master and the DVD ... see a red X next to something, but it either won't boot or works perfectly. ... On reboot, BIOS screens all run normally, then there is a 50/50 ...
  • P5E3 Deluxe WiFi/AP: Cant Find SATA Boot Device Error
    ... when trying to boot to a WIndows Vista 32-bit ... The DVD drive is set as ... The installation program then stated ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: How to boot from a CD in a Mac that has the boot (firmware) password set?
    ... I booted my MacBook Pro from the Leopard install ... DVD, went to the "Utilities" menu, and set the Boot (Firmware) ... the article in the just published "Mac World" was ... DVD, go to the Utilities menu and rest the password? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)