Re: FC6 does not find SATA disk on install
- From: dold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:35:24 +0000 (UTC)
In linux.redhat.install Richard Vaughn <rvaughn9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a new Dell Optiplex 320 that came with Windows XP pre-loaded.
I need to make this a Linux (FC6) box.
The disk is a 160GB SATA disk, a Hitachi Deskstar 7K160.
A Google Search for Dell Optiplex 320 Linux SATA returns lots of hits that
sound like your problem.
"The support for the ATI sb600 Controller was added in Linux 2.6.18."
1) Boot the install CD with pci=nomsi
2) Install lilo instead of grub
3) The other problem I had was, the Xorg was configuring the monitor with
the correct horizontal sync (This may be a problem with my monitor-Dell 19
inch analog E19FP only). I edited the Xorg config file (depends on the
distro) and set the correct horizontal refresh and vert sync frequencies.
Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley Lake, CA, USA GPS: 38.8,-122.5
- Prev by Date: Re: What has happened to Redhat?
- Next by Date: Re: Installing RHEL4 on HP WX9400 ....
- Previous by thread: What has happened to Redhat?
- Next by thread: Redhat EL4 WS on HP xw9400 eth0 link fails eth1 works.