Create RAID device (afa0) under Redhat3
- From: kokomo_35@xxxxxxxx
- Date: 6 Apr 2007 05:03:25 -0700
We would like to use a Nagios plugin to monitor our RAID (hardware)
disk (on a Redhat 3 linux distribution).
This plugin uses the afacli utility.
We had first to create the afa0 device using the command :
We have had the following error :
../MAKEDEV.afa: Can not derive the major number for device afa.
Note that the MAKEDEV command is just a simple sh script.
We have tried to install a up-to-date MAKEDEV rpm package (C
executable), but it requires the device path as argument.
How can we know which device (under /dev) represents our raid
Sorry for these basic questions. We have tried to google to find a
solution but without any success... :-(
Thanks in advance.
- Prev by Date: error :"gnome-terminal" (process 1694) has crashed due to a fatal error.
- Next by Date: 1024X768 Won't work on RIVA NT card
- Previous by thread: error :"gnome-terminal" (process 1694) has crashed due to a fatal error.
- Next by thread: 1024X768 Won't work on RIVA NT card