Re: F6 -> F8 on cdrom system?
- From: Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl">
- Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:27:20 +0100
Bit Twister wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:30:27 +0100, Huub wrote:Reboot the system, pick FC8 InstallAfter booting the F8 kernel, I get the following:
no root yet, ndev rule will write symlink
waiting up to 60 seconds before dropping into emrgency shell
WARNING: Cannot find root file system
Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?
You may want to read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Do not know commands used from my example, do not know contents of
menu.lst. No idea if you verified md5 or sha1 sums of iso after
downling from internet before trying the install. You know little
things which someone would need to see where you dink up something.
If everything is correct, I have no idea.
I installed FC8 a week ago, and had to re-install FC7 again last night.
Both fc7/fc8 installs are running fine on my system.
kernel /spare/vmlinuz ro vga=791
I downloaded the iso into my /local/spare directory which is in my
second drive, first partition.
OK, thanks for helping. Going to try again.
- Prev by Date: Re: F6 -> F8 on cdrom system?
- Next by Date: cannot get kickstart to work
- Previous by thread: Re: F6 -> F8 on cdrom system?
- Next by thread: cannot get kickstart to work