Re: 32 bit vs. 64 bit fc9
- From: "B. T. Raven" <nihil@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:38:06 -0600
Matt Giwer wrote:
B. T. Raven wrote:Will the 64 bit version of fc9 work on an Athlon 64 +3200 ? This machine already has half the hd partitioned for win2000.
I have it working on a AMD 64 but off hand don't remember if it is Athlon. 64 bit is noticeably faster but not quite worth writing home
about. I presume this is because apps have just be recompiled for 64
bit but not yet optimized for 64 bit.
1) To get the same performance as 32 bit you need double the RAM. If
you have a half gig will definitely notice a slow down.
2) F10 will be out on the 25th. It is worth the wait. And the FC9 repository got messed up so a lot of things can't be upgraded or
Thanks for the tip, Matt. I do have 2 gig of RAM so I think it is worth
a try. Also, since I have dial-up, I will have to wait for someone to
burn F10 onto a dvd and put it up for sale on ebay.
- Prev by Date: Re: 32 bit vs. 64 bit fc9
- Next by Date: [b]For RedHAT RHCE, RHCT, RHCA, RHCSS Aspirants [/b]
- Previous by thread: Re: 32 bit vs. 64 bit fc9
- Next by thread: [b]For RedHAT RHCE, RHCT, RHCA, RHCSS Aspirants [/b]