Re: invoking a newer mozilla ?

From: Till (till_at_spamsucks.lan)
Date: 09/03/03

Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:50:44 +1000

On 02/09/03 23:18 david Squawked:

> ive just got round to installing Mozilla 1.4 on RH linux 8 (2.4.20-20.8)
> is there a SIMPLE way to associate this new version with existing web
> documents.? i can force 1.4 to load from the panel, but i'd like to
> invoke 1.4 by default.
> Ive tried (amongst others) setting the location of my browser
> (/usr/local/mozilla/mozilla) within preferred application /web browser,
> but all pages still invoke ver 1.0.2 and not 1.4
> what part does /usr/bin/HTMLVIEW play in this?

In /usr/bin there is a mozilla.sh file. As root
edit this file and change the paths to your new
installation. Just make a backup of the file first..

--
Till

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Please Help!!!
    ... Edit the boot ini file removing the reference to the windows you dont want. ... > new boot drive) and had some installation problems to which I later found ... > new one successfully and still get prompted to choose which O/S to load. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant get past the "Welcome" screen
    ... but doesn't correct the registry damage. ... Userinit string value should be: ... Another "quickie" method of resolution is to load the Recovery Console (see ... This is particularly useful if you have an OEM installation ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Unable to log into account
    ... but doesn't correct the registry damage. ... Userinit string value should be: ... Another "quickie" method of resolution is to load the Recovery Console (see ... This is particularly useful if you have an OEM installation ...
  • Re: Help! XP will NOT Boot up!
    ... broken installation and change the CrashControl AutoReboot registry value. ... On the Registry menu, click Load Hive, and then open the System hive ... Control Set will be loaded depending on which boot option is chosen. ... The system just reverts back to the rebooting sequence. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Sign on
    ... The userinit value may have been corrupted by ... system registry, sometimes appending it, sometimes replacing it. ... Another "quickie" method of resolution is to load the Recovery Console (see ... This is particularly useful if you have an OEM installation ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)