[SECURITY] Close ports 631, 443, 6000 in Redhat 9

From: Hristo Slavchev (iconio_at_gbg.bg)
Date: 09/12/03

Date: 12 Sep 2003 07:51:05 -0700

Ok here it goes, yes it is Redhat Security again..
I have been searching google, and google groups but I can't seem to
find the right answer on how to close these ports permanently. I have
stopped the process for 631 [cupsd] and it disappeared until the next
restart, but i have no clue on how to stop 443 and 6000. I sure have
my iptables configured to reject all incoming on these 3 ports but I
want to close them once and forever. Is there anyone else having the
same problem? And how did you fix that?

Relevant Pages

  • Question on generics syntax
    ... I've been searching Google and Google Groups for similar questions, ... GlossaryTerm gt = new GlossaryTerm ... (BTW, thanks, Roedy!) ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Question on Generics Syntax
    ... I've been searching Google and Google Groups for similar questions, ... GlossaryTerm gt = new GlossaryTerm ... (BTW, thanks, Roedy!) ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Section 21 Possession Notice - Can I download one?
    ... Richard Faulkner wrote: ... >>searching Google and Google Groups but was genuinely unable to find the ... > As a landlord without much experience,, it might also be ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Section 21 Possession Notice - Can I download one?
    ... searching Google and Google Groups but was genuinely unable to find the document. ... As a landlord without much experience,, it might also be worth joining them. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Run IE broswer in its own process
    ... > to run its broswer in its own process. ... explorer separate process" www.google.com is a big help. ... Besides searching google, that's something you should always do ... Try scripting the fix into the web app instead. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)