Need help with file type associations

From: Noi (noi_at_siam.com)
Date: 09/16/03

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 05:48:56 GMT

Any advice? I've got a problem with file type associations for the RH8
Gnome desktop. I've been trying to associate file type mp3 to my
RealPlay9 player but despite changing the Description, file type, mime
type and custom program every thing remains the same. In this case, no
description, audio/x-mp3, audio and no program association. Also
a problem with other extensions like wma and using the root account or
sudo to make the changes does not work nor does using Browse to select the
program association.

I think this was working but now it's broken? I'm running kernel
2.4.20-20.2.

TIA

Relevant Pages

  • RE: default open with
    ... You can change the default program association by going into the control ... panel for programs. ... Click on "make a file type always open in a specific ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Need help with file type associations
    ... I've got a problem with file type associations for the RH8 ... I've been trying to associate file type mp3 to my ... is the excutable realplay in your path? ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)