RH 7.3 Hang on graphical boot

From: ER (elliot475_at_hotmail.dot.com)
Date: 09/19/03

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:40:14 -0400

Hi All,

New to Linux - installed on a white box type P3 600 512 MB ram & C&T
69000 video card

Installation detected 1024x768 video - however as soon as the GUI hits -
it locks up

1) Can I force it to boot init 3 somehow?
2) Any best guesses as to the lockup !

thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 8.1 amd64 lockup (maybe zfs or disk related)
    ... And by "lockup" I mean, nothing responding (sshd, keyboard, num ... and tried to simulate high load condition WITHOUT mounting my zfs pool. ... I'll let it keep running and see if it locks again without ... I'm curious to know what sort of hardware is in this ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • 2.6.20.1: reproducible hard lockup (with some configurations)
    ... I am experiencing a hard lockup with 2.6.20.1. ... Whenever the system locks ... configurations, but all I've been able to find out is that, with some ... SATA and IDE drives mounted to onboard nVidia controllers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: 2.6.20.1: reproducible hard lockup (with some configurations)
    ... I am experiencing a hard lockup with 2.6.20.1. ... Whenever the system locks ... configurations, but all I've been able to find out is that, with some ... SATA and IDE drives mounted to onboard nVidia controllers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Disc lock up on 8.0-STABLE
    ... E.g. can you ping the machine, ... expecting another lockup wthin a few hours. ... getting locks at other times of the daya. ... What are the best traces to do when I get a debugger again? ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: PC Locks Up
    ... Bad software or drivers can cause a PC to lockup. ... When it locks up I cannot even ... > get the the Windows Task Manager up by pressing CTRL+ALT- ... > even start it in Safe Mode. ...