Re: temporary ftp-account

From: Vwakes (vwakeNOSPAM100_at_softhome.net)
Date: 09/30/03

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:24:45 -0700

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 Sasa Stupar wrote:
>stig wrote:
>>
>> using redhat 9, how can i add a temporary ftp-account that does allow
>> ftp, but not terminal (or any other logon) logon?
>>
>Just add a user and for its shell specify /sbin/nologin

Read up 'man useradd' and there you will see how to do the above.

V.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: temporary ftp-account
    ... stig wrote: ... > ftp, but not terminal (or any other logon) logon? ... I think redhat 8.0 comes with it alreay setup. ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • Re: temporary ftp-account
    ... stig wrote: ... > ftp, but not terminal (or any other logon) logon? ... I think redhat 8.0 comes with it alreay setup. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: temporary ftp-account
    ... stig wrote: ... but not terminal (or any other logon) logon? ... You'd probably want to look into FTP ... One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish. ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • Re: temporary ftp-account
    ... stig wrote: ... but not terminal (or any other logon) logon? ... You'd probably want to look into FTP ... One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: temporary ftp-account
    ... stig wrote: ... how can i add a temporary ftp-account that does allow ... > ftp, but not terminal (or any other logon) logon? ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)