Re: gnome 2.4 installs????
From: Jeffrey J. Kosowsky (kosowsky_at_consult.pretender)
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:39:37 GMT
I'm not usually a big defender of Peter's tone and harsh style, but
this is one case where I think he was being *too* nice to you.
Where do you get off on your tirade?
- What god-given right do you have to getting immediate rpms of gnome?
- How much are you paying those volunteer developers for them to bend
over backwards and make rpms for you particular distribution?
- Since when do you dictate the timing of new distro releases? Many
distros like RedHat release updates on a regular schedule of a
couple of times a year. Between releases they typically and purposely
only release bugfixes rather than software package upgrades.
- Why do you think you need immediate access to the latest releases?
If you are unsatisfied with the speed in which new software is
included in your distro then either switch distros or perhaps pay
someone for individual support. Do you expect other people to do
your work for free?
- What makes you so special that you can ask others to do the work
that you should be able to do yourself? If you are unwilling to do
your own compiles then maybe you should just stick with standard
distributions and not try to put together your own custom mixtures.
- And most obviously, if Peter is right, then why don't you at least
examine the website and press the download button before mouthing
off about how the whole rest of the world should drop what they are
doing and compile a distribution-specific version for you.
- If you choose to blame Linux for this, why don't you just go back to
Windoze. At least on Windoze there is no access to source and
therefore no issues about compilations -- you just wait for
Micro$oft to sell you the next bugfix (oops I mean upgrade). Why do
you think you are all doing us a favor by using Linux?
Take this as an analogy. I heard that Michelin just came out with an
new tire technology. Should I go call my Ford dealer and demand that
he deliver me a new car with those tires for free?
Again, Peter, why were you so kind to this arrogant freeloader?