Re: openssl on redhat

From: Jean-David Beyer (j_at_d.b)
Date: 11/26/03

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:58:35 -0500

Andy Levy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am very new to red hat and limux in general. I would like to install
> openSSL onto it, but have no idea how to. Can anyone help - or point me in
> t he right direction.

I believe it comes with all Red Hat distributions. In my 7.3 system it
is in:

openssl095a-0.9.5a-23.7.3
openssl-devel-0.9.6b-35.7
openssl096-0.9.6-23.7
openssl-0.9.6b-35.7

--
   .~.  Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
   /V\                             Registered Machine    73926.

Relevant Pages

  • openssl on redhat
    ... I am very new to red hat and limux in general. ... I would like to install ... openSSL onto it, but have no idea how to. ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • [Full-Disclosure] [RHSA-2003:292-01] Updated OpenSSL packages fix vulnerabilities
    ... Updated OpenSSL packages that fix ASN.1 parsing vulnerabilities are now ... Red Hat would like to thank NISCC and Stephen Henson for their work on ... where is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: Problems to Install Oracle Client 10g over Red Hat AS 3.0update3
    ... Oracle 10g R1 DB go out of memory once in a while goes for a toss till it ... "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" ... Problems to Install Oracle Client 10g over Red Hat AS 3.0update3 ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Time to start Linuxing..some questions?
    ... me on the net to download the rest..advice on how to bootstrap a raw ... Red Hat Enterprise Linux and its relations (e.g., ... So I do not install Apache, Samba, most of the other servers, though I do ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: CentOS for newbies desktop? [Was: Re: Fedora Core ... problem]
    ... packaging and admin techniques that would make a usable desktop ... People who are computer savvy to some degree (or not that much savvy in one case -- but the lady has learned Red Hat first in times when it was still Red Hat, and then she got Windows with the new computer, and now she goes around and notalgically remembers about beautfy of that Red Hat icons which was welcoming her on login, and hates unfriendliness of Windows;-) -- and she is really not computer geek; sorry, I digress). ... Being now a Red Hat employee, I would love to install them some Red Hat related distro, but I am not sure which one. ... The nature of the fedora/RHEL split is that if you want new app features you have to accept the experimental kernels and device drivers that come bundled with them in fedora. ...
    (Fedora)