Re: Adding an OS to boot through grub

From: Stuart H (post_at_to_group.com)
Date: 01/12/04

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:52:13 -0500

<snip>
> What are the proper entries I'll have to make to grub so that I can load
> up the windoze box from?

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+Win9x+Grub-HOWTO/proc.html

Relevant Pages

  • Adding an OS to boot through grub
    ... hdb --> Windoze ... What are the proper entries I'll have to make to grub so that I can load ... up the windoze box from? ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • Re: "error: out of disk" grub rescue on first cold boot
    ... WD1001FALS SATA drive on channel 0. ... grub does not load the menu or operating system. ... no such device" is displayed instead, along with a rescue prompt. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Grub-install problems was Re: terminal prompts
    ... Frank McCormick wrote: ... I still didn't like Mepis, so I booted into Debian Sid and forgetting Grub had been last installed by Mepis, formatted the partition. ... Next time I booted I ended up at the Grub rescue prompt! ... I'll just load up my SystemRescue CD and fix it. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: dual booting XP and Linux
    ... me whether I'd like to recover. ... GRUB cannot properly chain load WinXP. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Random kernel update breakage
    ... Then it would load and execute ... Furthermore, if something else on the system was randomly trashing grub, then you'd expect boot failures to occur randomly, at any time. ... I can't think of any reason why GRUB's stage files have to be involved. ... So, grubby might be doing to grub itself, in addition to twiddling grub.conf, and occasionally gets it wrong. ...
    (Fedora)