Re: open a port i my firewall

From: Andreas Tretow (
Date: 02/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:35:06 +0100

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:25:54 +0100, Lars Rønning wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to open a port in my fedoar.redhat firewall. How do i do that ?
> Lars
'man iptables'

Relevant Pages

  • Re: open a port i my firewall
    ... >> I want to open a port in my fedoar.redhat firewall. ... > HTH ... Lars, if you prefer a gui to manage iptables, you might want to check out ...
  • Re: iptables install
    ... > base for a customizable firewall with iptables. ... HTH ...
  • Re: Feedback solicited - best way to harden a mail/web server?
    ... Was the system protected by a properly configured firewall? ... it's not a bad "starting point" and it can generate an IPtables rule ... > nor is there a web or ftp server; aside from that I haven't tried to secure ... Before I'll install some nifty application ...
  • Re: EMERGENCY - need to secure my server against an ongoing SPAMMER
    ... computer with a broadband connection. ... that IP range will prevent that spammer from wasting your systems ... This approach eventually makes your firewall machine so busy it has ... A better approach is to use IPTables to deny ALL inbound attempts to ...
  • linux - iptable firewall DNS question
    ... When my firewall is active, i am unable to use name solving features from my ... iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT ... # $ipnet -> adresse ip de l'interface connectée à internet ... echo ACCES AU FIREWALL DEPUIS LOCAL ...