linux for dummies book

From: Jeremy Watts (jeremy.watts70_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 04/16/04

    Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:31:22 +0100

    i've been trying to install red hat using the 'linux for dummies' book (4th
    edition with 2 CD ROMS of Red Hat 8 included), but have hit a problem.

    i've been following the 'booting from a floppy installation disk' on p.36
    and the book says:

    1. insert cd1 and make a note of the drive letter

    2. open the command prompt

    3. change to the drive letter noted in 1.

    4. change directory with the command 'cd dosutils'

    Now there doesnt seem to be a directory on the disk called 'dosutils'. i've
    used the windows Search tool to look for it and its come up with nothing.

    Any idea what this is and why it doesnt seem to be on the disk??

    • linux for dummies book
      ... i've been trying to install red hat using the 'linux for dummies' book 4th ... editiion with Red Hat Linux 8 on 2 CD ROMS, ... Now there doesnt seem to be a directory on the disk called 'dosutils'. ...
      (linux.redhat.misc)
    • red hat linux for dummies book
      ... i've been trying to install red hat using the 'linux for dummies' book (4th ... Now there doesnt seem to be a directory on the disk called 'dosutils'. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: SIS 735 chipset with Red hat 9.0
      ... >>I am trying to install Red hat on a ECS ... I'm tried disabling USB support in the BIOS and Red Hat still hangs. ... I don`t recommend Elite. ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    • Problems Downloading
      ... I just install Red Hat 9 on my computer, and i use ssh to connect to the ... to the server) and via FTP(downloading from another ftp server). ... The wierd thing is that it actually tranfer some data - but far from ... The reason why i installed Red Hat 9 was that i was having the same problem ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: multiboot Linux and Win XP
      ... > last week I bought a second hard disk to install Red Hat Linux next to ... > install Red Hat on the hdb. ... > Windows XP as the other boot system because that was on the hda. ...
      (alt.os.linux)