Re: Java virtual machine for Fedora?

From: Mark Healey (die_at_spammer.die)
Date: 10/05/04

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 06:56:39 GMT

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:16:56 UTC, Lenard <lenard@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:57:15 +0000, Mark Healey wrote:
>
> > That's what I'm wondering about. My best guess is:
> >
> > j2re-1_4_2_05-linux-i586-rpm.bin
>
> > Do I have the right package?
>
> Yes, you have the correct package, good guess!
>
> As root (or equivalent) from the console or xterm session where the
> downloaded package is stored at do;
>
> $ chmod +x j2re-1_4_2_05-linux-i586-rpm.bin
>
> $ j2re-1_4_2_05-linux-i586-rpm.bin

Thanks. I managed to install it. The instructions are wrong though.
They don't tell you to rpm -ivh the resulting file from running
j2re.yadda.yaddda.yadda.bin.

--
Mark Heaely
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Re: Re: Preseeded setting on openssh-server ignored
    ... I am familiar with that bug report. ... Personally I always use a strong password for root, ... Are package preseed settings, ... package by the debian-ssh team. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] To compile 64 bit?
    ... Try this (as root if you are not set up to ... warning: user pab does not exist - using root ... error: Name field must be present in package: ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: woody installation: printers mainly but also mailscanner
    ... > I noticed that you were trying out mailscanner. ... > like needing to be a su or root. ... > to access my kde GUI ... I also found the sudo package to be helpful. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: apt as a user
    ... I've got aptdaemon installed. ... which would still be run as root and not the user executing ... I'm not an expert in Debian package management, but I think that the error ... What I want is a way to limit it to a command. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Reviewing qcad (was: Re: fedora.us package requests)
    ... fedora-rpmdevtools package, etc. ... user gemi does not exist - using root ... group gemi does not exist - using root ...
    (Fedora)