Re: ABIT VA-10 Local Ethernet with Driver Difficulty

From: Lenard (lenard_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 12/02/04

    Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:31:29 GMT

    On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 05:39:34 +0000, Wayne Watson wrote:

    > When I try to boot up my VA-10, after a long delay checking eth0, I get
    > a message to the effect that some ethernet interface is faulty, and that
    > the iptables might be corrupted. What's that about?
    >
    > Well, I did get in touch with ABIT. They said it's likely the driver,
    > but they don't provide drivers for Linux. It's a VIA KM400 with a VT8235
    > chipset. The onboard LAN is a VIA VT6103. I found the VIA Technology
    > site, but they don't seem to have the drivers either. Anyone know where
    > to get the driver for the LAN? Once I get it, how do I install it?

    Goto; http://www.viaarena.com/

    Follow the drivers link and choose;
    Red Rat Linux and Ethernet(Networking/LAN) then select the South Bridge
    integrated......

    The installation instructions are part of the package(s) downloaded.

    • Re: Making my USB based "webcam" work
      ... >>When I plug it in it's detectd but not claimed by any driver. ... Thanks, I'll try downloading and compiling that driver, when I get back ... "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Questions
      ... > in order to determine the correct driver to install. ... For the nvidia nic try forcedeth, a reverse engineered GPL driver. ... -o) | to obtain a little temporary safety deserve ... of the GNU generation /\ | neither liberty or safety. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Driver woes
      ... He is, and he hits the ball a *long* way with every club, including the driver. ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ...
      (rec.sport.golf)
    • Re: device drivers RH/Fedora
      ... >> Please specify the RAID controller make and model and any other ... > hardware and after reading the disk with RH9.0 driver the card is also ... -- "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ...
      (linux.redhat.install)
    • WinTV driver docs?
      ... I'm having a hard time finding the docs for the WinTV driver. ... I need to support 2 of these cards in one computer, ... "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve ...
      (Debian-User)