Configuring services for unusual ports

From: Conner Destron (me_at_privacy.net)
Date: 12/12/04

    Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:08:08 -0500

    How would I go about configuring my xinetd's kr5-telnet server on my red hat
    Linux 8.0 box to respond to a port other than the standard port 23? (As you
    can see from my signature file below, I've already got port 23 on my network
    being answered by a different machine.)

    I'm getting ready to take a trip and will need to be able to remotely access
    my machine while gone, but my laptop doesn't have a SSH client on it. My
    firewall already blocks or forwards all the ports that I might use except
    for an odd one that I have open for another service that will not be running
    during this time. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. (I did check
    the man pages and info pages without luck, though I don't mind reading them
    if someone can point me to one that will answer this.) You may also be able
    to tell by now that I'm fairly new at Linux, if you need more info to be
    able to answer this, please let me know.

    I apologize for the cross-posting, but I'm hoping that by including a single
    newsgroup for follow-up this post may get seen by enough people to get an
    answer for me reasonably quickly while not spamming a bunch of newsgroups,
    if I've done this wrong, I'll take the flames that I know some folks are
    just dying to dish out without complaint.
        -=Conner=-

    --
    Visit The Castle's Dungeon BBS at telnet://tcdbbs.zapto.org for some family
    fun in a medieval setting, or come test your mettle in the Land of Legends,