direct print output to a file on the HD

From: rodger rossman (rodgerr_at_quixnet.net)
Date: 12/16/04

    Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:41:52 -0500

    I want to set up a printer that will output to a file and convert the
    file to pdf. I could do the pdf by hand if need be. There does not
    seem to be a printer type in the printer set up application that will
    create a text file. I would also like the print output to ask me where
    I would like to save the text file giving me a way to browse the HD and
    select a specific directory and name the file.

    Is there a way to do this?

    Thanks in advance.

    • Output to PDF?
      ... I'm aware I can use Reports to print output, ... This PDF report will have details from the form. ... Lloyd ...
      (microsoft.public.access.reports)
    • Re: How to Print to PDF
      ... it intercepts the print output and redirects it to a file. ... > Is there a way to take the same code to send to a PDF file (so ...
    • Re: Word to PDF without print driver
      ... in effect a capture of the application's print output. ... I can "print", or better said, publish to PDF in ... and fonts of the document than printer driver will ever have! ...
      (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
    • Need direct printer output to a file on the HD
      ... I could do the pdf by hand if need be. ... seem to be a printer type in the printer set up application that will ... I would also like the print output to ask me where ... I would like to save the text file giving me a way to browse the HD and ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: Need direct printer output to a file on the HD
      ... I could do the pdf by hand if need be. ... > seem to be a printer type in the printer set up application that will ... The generic printer prints plain text to file, but is is a bit naff going ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)