direct print output to a file on the HD

From: rodger rossman (rodgerr_at_quixnet.net)
Date: 12/16/04

    Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:41:52 -0500

    I want to set up a printer that will output to a file and convert the
    file to pdf. I could do the pdf by hand if need be. There does not
    seem to be a printer type in the printer set up application that will
    create a text file. I would also like the print output to ask me where
    I would like to save the text file giving me a way to browse the HD and
    select a specific directory and name the file.

    Is there a way to do this?

    Thanks in advance.