Re: X windows client for windows

From: Starr (Starr_at_proxima.net)
Date: 01/31/05

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:25:16 -0000

"Kill Bill" <xbill@msn.com> wrote in message
news:ctlrtq$fnm$1@gemini.csx.cam.ac.uk...
> Starr wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a xwindows client (preferably free) I can run on MS
> > windows?
>
> You probably meant an X *server* for Windows.
>
> There are good ones, yet free:

Cool but what I'm after is to be able to start an x session on my client
machine connected to my linux box which will let me run X on my client as if
I was doing it on the server. If such a thing exists.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems logging on to Windows Based Server.
    ... This problem occurs because the Windows 2000-based server rejects your logon ... structure that is used to track the logon session. ... The client attempts to ... This problem does not occur in conjunction with Microsoft Windows NT-based ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: RDP Crashing
    ... I sometimes cannot RDP into my Windows XP ... I leave the session locked but active. ... administrator (which kills the active session), logout, and login as myself. ... connect my W2k Client. ...
  • Re: tcp 139 or 445
    ... Windows can now support direct hosting of SMB over tcp port 445. ... client open a tcp/445 socket. ... Packet: Session Request ...
  • Re: Windows Service - Fast User Switching - Find Active Desktop Problem
    ... It needs to post advice windows on the desktop of whoever ... so that the active user can interact with it. ... > advice window it still appears on my session, ... simple by adding a UI client program in the Run key of HKLM or HKCU, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Windows Service - Fast User Switching - Find Active Desktop Problem
    ... >> I am writing a Windows Service, which is allowed to interact with the ... > AFAIK services are always run in the console terminal session, ... > simple by adding a UI client program in the Run key of HKLM or HKCU, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)