Re: Any Way for Automated Login

From: John V. Kjellman (johnk_at_victorex.com)
Date: 11/02/05

    Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:55:39 -0500

    Thanks for the ideas, but I don't use gdm or kdm - strictly command-line
    stuff, and not much of that on this particular system.

    Regards,
    John K.

    --
    John V. Kjellman (johnk@victorex.com)
    Victorex, Inc.

    • Re: xorg dies. Modules loaded in wrong order?
      ... so I used the ssh connexion to enter a reboot command. ... Rebooting worked fine until it was time to start gdm. ... RADEON: [agp] AGP not available ... Here's some of my *KDM* script contents ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: The crippled resurrection of said etch.
      ... If gdm starts, there is probably a problem in your startup scripts; ... it refuses; kdm is not default. ... Something is wrong with the maintenance shell this time -- why has its ... Owners: abiword-common ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: The crippled resurrection of said etch.
      ... Log in as root. ... If gdm starts, there is probably a problem in your startup scripts; ... it refuses; kdm is not default. ... This was good thinking, here -- it's very surprising, but you seem to have shown that both gdm and kdm have a problem where X alone does not?? ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Trouble installing fvwm2
      ... >> knowledge, be run from GDM, or from KDM for that matter. ... > managers (which is also different than the window managers). ... etc) on top of the session manager. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Some questions regarding KDE & Gnome over Slackware 10.1
      ... > So you're using GDM? ... You should be able to switch to KDM. ... echo "Starting up X11 session manager..." ... try to use KDE's kdm session manager: ...
      (alt.os.linux)