Re: named: can't ping local windows computers on fedora

From: Gang (gzhang_ocx_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/27/05

    Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:38:36 -0500

    Yep I should. Sorry. I did most of the homework before posting so I am
    mostly expecting simple directive answers, like "google on
    ddns-update-style hmac-md5" etc. If I found an answer I will post it in
    that manner as well (I got about 80% of it in my previous post).

    Now just need to figure out how to ping ${machinename} instead of have to
    ping ${machinename}.localdomain .... Hopefully that doesn't involve in
    making smb a domain controler (at least the dsl router/dns server dones't
    need one)

    Thanks
    Gang