Re: maillog properties

From: Jean-David Beyer (jdbeyer_at_exit109.com)
Date: 11/28/05

    Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:21:37 -0500

    google@accorders.com wrote:
    > How does one edit the properties of the /var/log/maillog file? I know
    > that the log files are done with maillog being most recent and going
    > through maillog.4. How can I set the properties of how many days one
    > of these logfiles is? or how large it can get before the next one is
    > created? Thanks.

    man logrotate

     ^^-^^ 07:20:00 up 1 day, 17:49, 3 users, load average: 4.19, 4.20, 4.18

    • maillog properties
      ... How does one edit the properties of the /var/log/maillog file? ... that the log files are done with maillog being most recent and going ... of these logfiles is? ...
      (linux.redhat.misc)
    • Re: Size of wtmp files
      ... for logrotate to configure it the way you want. ... > a script to run 'last' repeatedly on zcatted versions of the rotated files, ... an attacker has full reign to edit the log files with impunity. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Help! clear logfiles manually question
      ... The drive with the log files filled up so the stores dismounted due to the ... backup software not clearing the logfiles which is another issue. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: Help! clear logfiles manually question
      ... The drive with the log files filled up so the stores dismounted due to the ... backup software not clearing the logfiles which is another issue. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: Long transaction aborted in Informix IDS 7.31
      ... If it has less than LOGFILES, you should add as many log files as you need. ... Anyway, if your task will run just once, you can cut your load file un several pieces to solve it with no DBA work. ... PHYSBUFF 80 # Physical log buffer size ...
      (comp.databases.informix)