Re: maillog properties

From: Jean-David Beyer (jdbeyer_at_exit109.com)
Date: 11/28/05

    Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:21:37 -0500

    google@accorders.com wrote:
    > How does one edit the properties of the /var/log/maillog file? I know
    > that the log files are done with maillog being most recent and going
    > through maillog.4. How can I set the properties of how many days one
    > of these logfiles is? or how large it can get before the next one is
    > created? Thanks.

    man logrotate

     ^^-^^ 07:20:00 up 1 day, 17:49, 3 users, load average: 4.19, 4.20, 4.18

    • maillog properties
      ... How does one edit the properties of the /var/log/maillog file? ... that the log files are done with maillog being most recent and going ... of these logfiles is? ...
      (linux.redhat.misc)
    • Re: Size of wtmp files
      ... for logrotate to configure it the way you want. ... > a script to run 'last' repeatedly on zcatted versions of the rotated files, ... an attacker has full reign to edit the log files with impunity. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Help! clear logfiles manually question
      ... The drive with the log files filled up so the stores dismounted due to the ... backup software not clearing the logfiles which is another issue. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: Help! clear logfiles manually question
      ... The drive with the log files filled up so the stores dismounted due to the ... backup software not clearing the logfiles which is another issue. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: syslogd that can rotate file based on size in bytes
      ... In that case, just make logrotate run ... How would you tell logrotate to run every 5 minutes and to rotate only if the log file is larger than, say, 2 MB? ... By doing it in a separate program with general support for rotating ... log files, you can rotate all the log files with one mechanism ...
      (comp.unix.programmer)