Re: Linux file copy slowness ??

parvinderb@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

It takes about 32 minutes to finish copying.  When we do the same
operation on a windows 2003 server it takes almost HALF the time.

I am wondering if this behaviour is normal or something wrong with
system?kernel? etc.

I'm not an expert so don't know if this is relevant, but I'll throw it in just in case.

A while ago I was playing with multibooting XP and core 2 each on their own hardrive, I was selecting OS with bios, somehow I managed to turn the CPU cache off. This crippled XP slowed it down by a factor of about 1,000, took 30minutes just to boot!!, but core 2 seemed to be unafected.
Obviously XP makes a great use of cpu cache and fedora doesn't, would this affect file juggling speeds???