Re: FC5 Questions
- From: General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:31:43 -0400
On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:27:28 -0500, Michel Catudal wrote:
I installed FC5 on the weekend. I removed Ubuntu to replace it with FC5
which I hoped to be better than FC4.
Operation was extremmely slow so I tried to install the NVIDIA driver. It
would not install, I got errors in compile.
I then installed the new kernel from livna to get the NVIDIA card to be
recognized correctly. The default nv driver is useless.
Nvidia has released new drivers which are compatible with FC5, the old
As for you speed problems, do you have SELinux enable? If you do try
disabling it and see if that helps. I haven't tried it with SELinux
enabled but I read a review somewhere that said FC5 was slow with SELinux
enabled. My system has SELinux disabled. I've found that FC5 is noticebly
quicker then FC4.
One more thing, you have a marginal amount of memory. I'd add a gigabyte
to your box if I were you, it will make a big difference.
- Prev by Date: Re: program
- Next by Date: FC4 to FC5 - sound problems
- Previous by thread: Re: FC5 Questions
- Next by thread: Problems with Linux Red Hat 7.3