problems with vi/vim with fedora core 4
- From: Jean-Francois Ortolo <ortolo.jeanfrancois.no_spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:36:02 +0100
I got installed Fedora Core 4 a long time ago, then updated the kernel recently with 'yum update kernel' from root, all went fine.
I had no problem with the vi editor before the kernel updating, afterwards however, I was not able to write some no ascii characters, even with the keys sequence 'Alt <number>' I was accustomed to.
I then udated vi/vim with: 'yum update vi-common', which was successful and updated vi-extended too. The problem remains.
The need is to edit a PHP script which translates those special characters, into ascii character, with plenty of: if($var == "<special char>") $var = "<ascii char>";
The $TERM env variable is: "linux". Should I change that ?
Which is the proper way I should use to edit spécial characters in vi/vim ?
Moreover, I got some little problems while alternating Edit mode and Insert mode, but that's not disturbing too much.
Thank you very much for your help.
Jean Francois Ortolo
- Prev by Date: Getting a list of the pending updates for fedora
- Next by Date: Re: problems with vi/vim with fedora core 4
- Previous by thread: Getting a list of the pending updates for fedora
- Next by thread: Re: problems with vi/vim with fedora core 4