Re: Yum won't update system

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 23:59:49 -0400, Fred wrote:

I just upgraded to Fedora Core 7, and now when I attempt to do a yum
update, It keeps failing because of public key errors like that listed
below. I've already removed about 10 packages that were missing the
public key, but I just keep getting the error. How do I obtain the
public keys for these packages which don't have them after upgrading?

-Thanks

Transaction Summary

Install 40 Package(s)
Update 516 Package(s)
Remove 0 Package(s)

Total download size: 1.1 G
Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
e42d547b

Public key for faad2-2.5-2.fc7.i386.rpm is not installed

all you need is the public key from fedora download site. The public key
need to be install to allow update with yum. type the following in the
shell prompt using the root account and password:

[root@lnxfc7 ~]# rmp -Uvh ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/RPM-GPG-KEY

This should install the public key on your machine.

have fun!

  • Re: update messages
    ... Hit http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch/main Packages ... Hit http://security.debian.org etch/updates/main Packages ... W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs: ... I think Marillat is in the debian-archive-keyring now, just install ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Yum public keys -
    ... Downloading Packages: ... I don't know what public key it needs or how to get it. ... If you're getting Audacity from a repo that you ... Yumex seems to get lost when I try to use it to do the install, drives my cpu to near 100% and about all I can do is kill it and reboot to restore normalcy? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Secrecy and user trust
    ... Were packages signed by the replacement key distributed? ... trusted "new" public key, it can be used to check the signing on any ... The current distribution has the ability to do this, ... I can't say if any updates past the install ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Issue with Update Manager
    ... Reading package lists... ... You don't have a key for this repo. ... couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: ... The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Yum wont update system
    ... It keeps failing because of public key errors like that listed ... I've already removed about 10 packages that were missing the ... public key, but I just keep getting the error. ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)