Re: Yum won't update system

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 23:59:49 -0400, Fred wrote:

I just upgraded to Fedora Core 7, and now when I attempt to do a yum
update, It keeps failing because of public key errors like that listed
below. I've already removed about 10 packages that were missing the
public key, but I just keep getting the error. How do I obtain the
public keys for these packages which don't have them after upgrading?

-Thanks

Transaction Summary

Install 40 Package(s)
Update 516 Package(s)
Remove 0 Package(s)

Total download size: 1.1 G
Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
e42d547b

Public key for faad2-2.5-2.fc7.i386.rpm is not installed

all you need is the public key from fedora download site. The public key
need to be install to allow update with yum. type the following in the
shell prompt using the root account and password:

[root@lnxfc7 ~]# rmp -Uvh ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/RPM-GPG-KEY

This should install the public key on your machine.

have fun!
.