Re: vnc does not show *same* screen, it opens a new session instead

jstein.soa@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I've used WinVNC before, and am now trying out VNC on Linux

The thing I found most useful and cool about WinVNC was the ability to
*share* control of a single desktop. For example, if I wanted to show
a friend how to do something or vice-versa, he could simply browse to
my VNC, and both parties will be looking at the *same display*, and
both can (take turns to) input.

I have tried searching on forums and groups how to do the same in
Linux.

The general solution suggested is to start vncserver on linux using
the following command:
vncserver -alwaysshared

What you want is 'x11vnc'. google it.

scott

  • Re: Is there Linux equivalent of MS XP Media Center
    ... >> with remote control like the MS XP Media Center. ... >> Linux laptop before but is it easy make a Linux as XP Media Center ... to display on the wired machine's x-server. ... RF output of which feeds the main RF distribution network in the house, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Oracle memory allocation on Linux 2.6
    ... direct I/O should lower memory consumption simply because it ... bypasses buffer cache over which we have no control. ... With Linux, I really have a problem with the ... as well as system administrators are ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: I was concerned about google writing an OS - Now I see the funny side
    ... In 1991, Linux couldn't do squat. ... Computers are already a commodity. ... Why attempt to control something under an ... support booting from an external USB harddrive. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Out of Box Experience for Cheetah.
    ... the boot up messages, such as what dmesg puts out, parse CPU ... relatively easy to find on Linux, however, it doesn't address other ... As a professional at work I want control. ... There's tangible hardware, and generally wide acceptance ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: off: heres a small news flash for MS Products Users
    ... I suspect such technology already is deployed under the ... Work place control. ... then linux wouldn't exist at all, but it does, partly I think because ... people just don't like working in that sort of environment. ...
    (Ubuntu)