Re: vnc does not show *same* screen, it opens a new session instead

jstein.soa@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I've used WinVNC before, and am now trying out VNC on Linux

The thing I found most useful and cool about WinVNC was the ability to
*share* control of a single desktop. For example, if I wanted to show
a friend how to do something or vice-versa, he could simply browse to
my VNC, and both parties will be looking at the *same display*, and
both can (take turns to) input.

I have tried searching on forums and groups how to do the same in
Linux.

The general solution suggested is to start vncserver on linux using
the following command:
vncserver -alwaysshared

What you want is 'x11vnc'. google it.

scott