Re: cdrecord (RH9) and ide cd-rw's...

From: Kees_Lover (kees_lover_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/09/03

Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:06:00 GMT

I don't have the manual for one.....and I'm running grub as my bootloader.
Is there any difference as to the append line for lilo and grub?

"Bill Unruh" <unruh@string.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message
> "Kees_Lover" <kees_lover@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> ]I am having a problem with the cdrecord app not detecting my cd-rw or
cd-r
> ]drives...they are both ide....is there a solution, preferably a simple
> ]one.....
>
> Well, read the manual.
> Anyway, cdrecord cannot read ide drives only scsi. fortunately linux has
> a way of making an ide drive look like a scsi drive
>
> Put the phrase
> hdc=ide-scsi
> into /etc/lilo.conf on the append= "....." line.
> Then run
> lilo
> and reboot.
> This will make the ide drive (I assume your cdrw is on /dev/hdc) look
> like a scsi drive (probably /dev/scd0)
>
> Run cdrecord -scanbus
> to see the drive.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: cdrecord (RH9) and ide cd-rws...
    ... I don't have the manual for one.....and I'm running grub as my bootloader. ... Is there any difference as to the append line for lilo and grub? ... cdrecord cannot read ide drives only scsi. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: cdrecord (RH9) and ide cd-rws...
    ... I don't have the manual for one.....and I'm running grub as my bootloader. ... Is there any difference as to the append line for lilo and grub? ... cdrecord cannot read ide drives only scsi. ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • Re: execute /sbin/lilo after install and before reboot?
    ... > I looked at man lilo and there are numerous options available. ... > updates related to the kernal and I haven't a clue which switchmay be ... > of the Yast messages would sure be appreciated. ... They told me further that if you're running GRUB, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: system not running newest kernel installed
    ... maybe you are not running grub, ... perhaps somebody else can share some light on whether lilo stores its ... configuration elsewhere? ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Bootloader for Sarge
    ... Also it ought to be possible by this release of the installer to ... I always use LILO. ... FYI, under Linux, for IDE drives, ...
    (Debian-User)