Re: RHCT Certification

From: Ian J Cottee (ian_at_cottee.org)
Date: 10/07/03

Date: 07 Oct 2003 09:55:14 +0900

"Thomas Bludau" <root4you@uni.de> writes:

> hi
>
> i've a question to the rhct certification perhaps
> someone can help me. i work now for four years with
> linux an i've a clean linux (redhat, gentoo only the
> first time, no windows) client since a year and a linux s
> erver for 3 client(family) since 2,5 years. i've build a lot of
> server systems at home and at work (samba pdc, apache,
> proftp, dns, dhcp, router(iptables), firwalling(iptables)
> and so on.
>
> so my question is, can i do a rhct exam without the
> RH131 or are they teaching in RH131 so specific things?

I can't comment on RHCT but I took the RHCE exam a couple of years
ago, having been in a position similar to you. Lots of varied
experience etc. The 4 day course beforehand didn't teach me a lot I
didn't know already but it taught me the RedHat way of doing things
and it refreshed a lot of things in my mind.

generally, in my work, if I don't know something I can google for it
easily. In the exam you can't and for that reason I found the previous
course useful.

> i would be very happy if someone can answer my question.
>
> Best Regards
> Thomas Bludau

Looking at the Redhat website, RH131 is the RHCT exam. RH133 is the
course and exam combined. I would go for RH133. In fact I would go for
RHCE (RH3000 but then I am biased ;)

--
Ian J Cottee
Nagoya, Japan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: preparation work for RHCE
    ... I believe just about anything that comes with RH Linux can be on the ... in studying for the exam. ... I wrote a study guide for myself while I was studying for the exam. ... Captus Networks ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: When are the various Linux certification organizations going to begin asking about CUPS?
    ... > various other printing subsystems formally in widespread use. ... Most distributions that install a printing ... The Linux+ objective list has only one printing item, ... even if it doesn't appear on the exam. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: RHCE
    ... >> My company has decided to send me for Linux training. ... >it's harder than rhce, not distribution centric, and well respected from ... thorough *practical* exam where things are actually broken and you have to ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Linux certification - LPI or SAIR?
    ... >>the MCSE exam). ... But finding the trick is the ... > installing (I pre-read what I'd have to set up and only installed the ... most had used Linux in small/medium sized ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Redhat Certification - how long, and whats the job market like?
    ... > I was an admin for a Novell and Windows-based network, ... Have you had any Linux experience? ... I also have had inside knowledge that as part of the exam, ... I have installed WhiteBox on an old laptop to ...
    (linux.redhat)