Re: perl (modules)

From: Nils O. Selåsdal (noselasd_at_frisurf.no)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:36:10 GMT

In article <bm100k$rub$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>, user@domain.invalid wrote:
> I have just installed redhat 9 and have noticed that perl is now
> at 5.8.0, whereas on my old rh 7.3, it was 5.6.x. I have ticketing
> system that I need to install that requires perl 5.8.0, but I have old
> rpm's that were build on rh 7.x with perl 5.6.x to satisfy the ticketing
> system's requirements? Is it safe to use these rpms, or do I need a
> fresh set for perl 5.8.0?
The modules will probably install in a diffrent place, so perl 5.8.0
will not see them. You could try installing it and copying the files
to the right place. Or see if you can find the modules, and install
them from "source". (hint CPAN)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: attempt to build 64 bit on Solaris fails
    ... > libraries needed to link with a 64-bit Tk. ... We were running a 32-bit version of Perl ... > Each section below is a summary of the commands used to install it. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)
  • Re: attempt to build 64 bit on Solaris fails
    ... libraries needed to link with a 64-bit Tk. ... We were running a 32-bit version of Perl ... Each section below is a summary of the commands used to install it. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)
  • Perl on Linux and SQL Server 2000 on Windows
    ... There was a time when I did a lot of searching on ways to use Perl ... sitting on Linux to connect SQL Server 2000 sitting on Windows. ... cpan> install DBI ... Install FreeTDS ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: Please Help !!! Unable to install DBD-Oracle ( I am using perl 5.6 on solaris 8)
    ... Ron, I could be way off here, but the OP mayalready have Perl ... think the original issue was that he tried to use *PPM* to install ... I don't have any Solaris ... you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: Installing DBD::File via CPAN
    ... Do you use 'UNINST=1' in the build options for CPAN? ... >> Did you build Perl from source, or install via a RPM or binary distro? ... >>> sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us ...
    (perl.dbi.users)