kernel question

From: Dylan Etscorn (dylanets_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/27/03

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:46:59 GMT

Hello group.

I just installed the newest kernel for redhat9. Now my new nVidia
drivers are not recognized. I would just rather uninstall the new
kernel and go back to my old. I have the option at start up to use the
old kernel, but I would like to remove the new one completely. I have
tried to edit the lilo.conf file and remove the reference to the new
kernel, but it still shows up as a option.

Any help??

Thanks in advance,

Dylan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: nVidia drivers
    ... They wanted to install the 2.4.27 kernel. ... I tried the installer from nVidia, one of the 8000 series drivers. ... What do I need to do to get this damn driver to install? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ACPI Error under 2.6.26-rc*
    ... and attach the rsdp for all of the three cases (good, ACPI Error, ... could you please attach the dmesg output of a 2.6.25.10 kernel which has ... # IPVS transport protocol load balancing support ... # Device Drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • init_emergency_isa_pool calling mempool_create in non-sleeping context
    ... I just saw this when booting a current linux-2.6.git kernel. ... # Power management and ACPI options ... # Bus options (PCI etc.) ... # Enable WiMAX to see the WiMAX drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: 2.6.29+ NFS-Server Problem "reconnect_path: npd != pd"
    ... This is an x86_64 kernel. ... # Device Drivers ... # SCSI device support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • 2.6.25 Regression: DriveStatusError
    ... I tried all -git Kernels since begining of cycle and starting when they finaly ... Root is on a raid1 using a IDE Samsung SP1614N as hda and a SATA Samsung ... Kernel driver in use: VIA_IDE ... # AX.25 network device drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)