Moving directory to new partition

From: Mark Taylor (mtaylorx_at_xlrim.com)
Date: 11/07/03

Date: 7 Nov 2003 09:03:31 -0500

I am quite close to running out of space on /

In order to shift some of the storage I simply did a mv /usr/doc
usr/local/doc

Then ln -s /usr/local/doc /usr/doc

It did what I expected and I have not seen any negative effects from it as
yet. Any reason why this will not work ok?

What about with /usr/man? Can I move that in the same way?

Thanks
Mark

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Delete from file
    ... The only thing I could think of is opening the file multiple times with ... time to shift it. ... of the available storage. ... Visual Developer - Device Application Development MVP ...
  • Re: Delete from file
    ... at a time to shift it. ... of the available storage. ... Visual Developer - Device Application Development MVP ... delete a single character from the file, ...
  • Sharepoint & Exchange Files
    ... "Drive" How shift the storage over to the other drive? ... moved the user space, but can't find a way or utility to get the sharepoint ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DSP_fir_r4/r8 with shift-factor possibilty (C64x)?
    ... Does anybody know a resource where I could find an assembly routine for ... which allows to shift the accumulator result before storage? ...
    (comp.dsp)