Re: Upgrading RH9 to Fedora?

From: Paul Hutchings (paul_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 11/08/03

Date: 8 Nov 2003 19:08:51 GMT

Jean Pierre Wenzel <jpwenzel@gmx.net> wrote in
news:pan.2003.11.08.18.55.06.681638@gmx.net:

> But I also will not update my mail/file server that runs Redhat 9 at the
> moment... not now :-)

Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question.

I admin a network made up of 99% Windows machines, I have a machine I put
in our DMZ as a mailserver because there's nothing for Windows that comes
close to the flexability I can get with postfix and spamassassin and I'm
still learning how it all works.

In the Windows world a new version comes out and there's a million and one
reasons that Microsoft and the marketeers would have you upgrade right away
- I guess I should ask what is likely to force my hand into having to
upgrade the RH9 box? I read many posts from people still running Redhat
7.3 which (to the uninitiated) seems rather old..

regards
Paul

--
paul <at> spamcop.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote Desktop Faster/Easier than VPC
    ... You can upgrade from Home to Pro with XP Pro Upgrade edition. ... Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine] ... >> recently with Axure RP, which I use to prototype Web applications), I ... >> virtual machine over my home network. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: Here is what MS says about MCE 2005 and XP Pro
    ... I am new to Windows and networking, but I recently acquired an HP Pavilion ... gathered the hunch that I may have run up against the limitation of XP MCE as ... To use the Network Identification Wizard to join a domain and create a local ... Am I eligible for an upgrade or am I going to have to buy it already? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Here is what MS says about MCE 2005 and XP Pro
    ... I am new to Windows and networking, but I recently acquired an HP Pavilion ... gathered the hunch that I may have run up against the limitation of XP MCE as ... To use the Network Identification Wizard to join a domain and create a local ... Am I eligible for an upgrade or am I going to have to buy it already? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: What is the correct way
    ... controller from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003? ... One you have done this install Windows 2003 server ... (before you connect it to the network, ... Microsoft web site how to upgrade and what too look out for. ...
  • Re: Connecting to Linux from Windows XP
    ... workstations must authenticate to the Novell network before the user can ... like Windows and will have to have a wide variety of the kinds of software ... > Another thing, keeping the user-databases on Windows, Samba and Linux ... > Personally I run my Windows machines in a Domain configuration, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)