Re: Upgrading RH9 to Fedora?

From: Paul Hutchings (
Date: 11/08/03

Date: 8 Nov 2003 19:08:51 GMT

Jean Pierre Wenzel <> wrote in

> But I also will not update my mail/file server that runs Redhat 9 at the
> moment... not now :-)

Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question.

I admin a network made up of 99% Windows machines, I have a machine I put
in our DMZ as a mailserver because there's nothing for Windows that comes
close to the flexability I can get with postfix and spamassassin and I'm
still learning how it all works.

In the Windows world a new version comes out and there's a million and one
reasons that Microsoft and the marketeers would have you upgrade right away
- I guess I should ask what is likely to force my hand into having to
upgrade the RH9 box? I read many posts from people still running Redhat
7.3 which (to the uninitiated) seems rather old..

paul <at>