Re: Security questions on Redhat

From: WipeOut (wipe_out_at_go.com)
Date: 11/09/03

Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:36:37 +0000

Sherman H. wrote:
> Do we have anti virus software/personal firewall for Redhat? Also, is MD5 a
> utility program included in the Redhat 9.0? If not, where I can get it?
>
> Thanks.

The Linux kernel has firwalling built in.. so all you need it to
configure it.. If you did a standard type of install then the "lokkit"
applicvation should be there.. This is a basic tool so run it and setup
your firewall.. when you get more into it you can manually modify the
firewall rules but that will get you started..

As for AV, there are some around.. just google for them and see what
suites your needs..

Later

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hp - linux X-Application
    ... There are two issues here, the X server itself and any firewall between the HP and the PC, including on the PC. ... The X server by default does not listen for network connections, it only listens on a UNIX domain socket for connections from the local host. ... you probably still can't connect if a firewall is enabled on the RedHat PC. ... If you have the default firewall configuration on the PC then you can temporarily disable it with "service iptables stop". ...
    (RedHat)
  • Redhat firewall problem
    ... I have a problem with a Redhat firewall using the Monmothas firewall script. ... On my internal network I have several dual boot machines. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • bridging firewall => proftpd issue.
    ... The isp I administrate is running a full set of Redhat 9 servers. ... Bridging firewall running FreeBSD 4.9 compiled for the security branch, ... passive ports in Proftpd. ...
    (freebsd-isp)
  • RE: kernel panic [linux 2.2.19-7] on UDP scan CP4.1-SP5
    ... kernel panic on UDP scan CP4.1-SP5 ... > ouch, isn't that package still broked and insecure, or has redhat fixed it ... > the toys and neato little packages that make a firewall not be a firewall, ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Back Orifice 2K - RedHat 7.1/7.2
    ... I'm currently taking my first stabs at creating a firewall for my cable ... After installing RedHat 7.1 w/o X on the workstation box, ... this system was never put online and had no access to the internet at all On ... the installation was performed with two boxed sets from RedHat. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)