Newbie needs help...

From: NightOwl (hjames38_at_qwest.net)
Date: 11/12/03

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:01:50 -0700

I had just installed Red Hat Linux 9.0 on my PC and the installation was
completed without a glitch. Then the problem arose when I logged on to
Linux. The Desktop is much larger than my monitor screen. Although I can
scroll to the other area of the desktop by pushing my mouse cursor against
any of the edges of the screen, this is bugging the heck out of me. I need
help on how to make the whole Gnome desktop fits into my 1280x1024
resolution monitor screen.

Here are my system details:

AMD 2000+XP
512 MB DDR (266 MHz)
80 GB Maxtor HD
ATI Radeon 8500 LE based video card
Sony Multiscan 17sf 17" monitor
Sound Blaster 128 PCI
Pioneer DVD-106 DVD/CD ROM
Sony CRX175A CDR/RW

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Newbie needs help...
    ... > I had just installed Red Hat Linux 9.0 on my PC and the installation was ... Then the problem arose when I logged on to ... There should be a Display icon available after you click on the Start ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • ssh host key generation in Red Hat Linux
    ... I recently installed Red Hat Linux 9 and noticed on the first boot a ... message about generating ssh host keys. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • compile error
    ... Installed Red Hat Linux 9 version 2.4.20-6. ... Then tried to recompile the kernel, followed the custom ... compile chapter in document. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Win2000 Professional + Red Hat Linux 8.0 on the same Hard disk
    ... First of all i booted from floppy disk and use the fdisk /mbr command. ... then installed win2000 Professional after that installed Red Hat Linux ...
    (linux.redhat.install)