You have an RHEL iso?

From: Zenon Panoussis (spamtrap_at_provocation.net)
Date: 11/13/03

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:51:31 +0100

I am working on a compiled, binary installable, distribution of RHEL,
and I need some help. If you have RHEL 3.0 AS, ES or WS, you could
give me a hand.

The first thing I need is a full list of files and directories on
all CDs. A simple
  $ find /mnt/cdrom >>cdfiles-[AEW]S
will do. Mail that file to <oracle at provocation dot net> and make
a note for which architecture your distribution is intended.

The second thing I need is md5sums of the official Redhat distribution.
Not of the RPMs - because of the GPG signatures these would be useless -
but of the files actually installed. To make these you need a virgin
full installation of RHEL on an i686 machine (choose "install everything"
in the package selection). Then run
 # files=`find / -type f`; for f in $files; do md5sum $f >>md5-[AEW]S; done
as root. This will take its (very) sweet time, so it's typically
something to start on Friday afternoon before going home. Please mail
the output file to <oracle at provocation dot net>.

The binary distribution to come out of this will be made publicly
available, so your efforts are not only for me.

Cheers,

  • You have an RHEL iso?
    ... I am working on a compiled, binary installable, distribution of RHEL, ... Mail that file to <oracle at provocation dot net> and make ... full installation of RHEL on an i686 machine (choose "install everything" ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: Just Got Back From NAMM. Why so little Linux?
    ... "It can be installed using the normal software installation tools ... for your distribution. ... Linux distribution." ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Live upgrade from RHEL 5.7 to RHEL 6.2
    ... I have just completed a live upgrade from RHEL 5.7 to RHEL 6.2. ... sender from sending this message to this recipient (rejected message had ... SELinux policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this ... The original RHEL 5.7 installation also ...
    (RedHat)
  • Toshiba Libretto - best distribution
    ... First off, I'm a Linux newbie, so please forgive my question. ... install a Linux distribution onto my Toshiba Libretto 100CT with 64Mb RAM ... The purpose for the installation is purely as a network sniffer with tools ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • RE: Upgrade to RHEL 5.4 problems
    ... Im facing a Xprint installation, it's prompt me to find out libXp.so.6 for ... Upgrade to RHEL 5.4 problems ... And under rhn I see more than 130 packaged to upgrade on RHEL 5 ... Under Desktop I had to remove a lot of devel packages to be able to ...
    (RedHat)