stupid newbie question about SAMBA

From: Steven Van Dalem (stevenDITwegDOEN_at_vandalem.be)
Date: 12/22/03

Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:48:36 GMT

I installed RHL9 on my second pc, because I 'd like to learn linux. I have
a small 2 pc network, the other one is running xppro.

I set up SAMBA and I have been a good boy: I read the documentation. Setting
it up was easy enough, and from my RH machine I can reach the XP shares and
print with the printer connected to the xp machine.

The problem: I also shared some dirs on my RH machine but I can't reach
those from XP. When I try, I get an error stating I can't access the share
because the machine name is duplicate, and I should rename my windows pc.

Well, tried that, but to no avail.

Both pcs are in the same workgroup, I use identical login names and
passwords on both. So I must be missing something obvious, but I can't seem
to figger out just what.

Any ideas, anyone?

Steven