Re: Just when you think Fedora is safe

From: Gang Zhang (gzhangx_at_access4less.net)
Date: 12/25/03

Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 18:16:34 -0600

You are right the "for business" part, however I think Fedora
is pretty good on games. I installed the nvidia driver and
Quake runs just as smooth as windows, the same can be said about
sound quality. (I was having sound problems when playing mp3 on
Redhat 9, but Fedora fix the problem).

Gang

> I probably should have qualified the title by adding "for business". As a
> business workstation it is fine but their rhetoric does not help sell it and
> actually drives businesses away from adopting it which was the point I was
> trying to make. Small business and Linux consultants are the same people
> that helped cultivate the RH line that I believe Fedora needs to maintain as
> a stable OS from their input.
>
> As home gaming OS I had way too many issues with sound and low fps and got
> fed up and went back to Windows.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The answers to these "Death of RedHat threads"..
    ... > 'community' who seem to be looking elsewhere. ... When Fedora is released ) ... If you had a business model that attracted more small business ... But Red Hat Linux was designed to be "cutting-edge" stuff which was later ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: ATI video comes out of the closet
    ... very wonky-- release as they push the older version of Fedora out. ... everyone would be better off it there were a way to have Red Hat style administration, a stable kernel and device drivers, and up to date apps all in one distribution. ... their business offerings are too ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora 18 and UEFI onlist
    ... to ignore their business customers? ... How many Fedora users, buy Business servers? ... ANY FREE operating system ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Big SUSE News
    ... I dunno about that...ISTR at the time of the Fedora announcement (a couple ... consumer space *as currently configured* with the defacto M$ monopoly. ... I am not arguing for any of these *business* decisions. ... rush to *commerical* success factions within these businesses will attemot ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Has anyone dumped udev for devfs?
    ... > Linux is imappropriate for all business use. ... So you want a different policy of Fedora. ... distribution at all, because I might go for a very conservative approach ...
    (Fedora)