Re: error when rpmbuild a file (fedora)

From: Nils O. Selåsdal (noselasd_at_frisurf.no)
Date: 01/05/04

Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 08:29:23 GMT

In article <pan.2003.12.31.14.22.37.356530@localhost.localdomain>, fb wrote:
> hallo,
> when i rpmbuild any file i have this message:
>
> [...]
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.62959 (%build)
>

> RPM build errors:
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.62959 (%build)
as it says /lib/cpp fails. /lib/cpp is part of the cpp rpm.
Install it. Or, if you already have, somethings screwd up,so
you should reinstall it. Still fails, reinstall gcc/gcc-c++

--
Vennlig hilsen/Best Regards
Nils Olav Selåsdal <NOS at Utel.no>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: endianness and failure with inline
    ... it fails with a similar message. ... "extern inline". ... This could be a bug. ... I have no idea why gcc is having issues with the inline specifier. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Fresh installed Freebsd 9 dont boot from hd
    ... gcc -Os -mrtd: Boots OK ... gcc -O1 -mrtd: Fails ... the array, then in one case it could be harmless (overwrites the sector ... I found a document that suggests a possibility of BIOS writing more bytes to the ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: GCC broken?
    ... But it fails or i fail to build it. ... Maybe it doesn't like your non-standard ports location? ... GCC, unless somehow it got broken on your machine. ... Another possibility is hardware, with the front runner being memory. ...
    (freebsd-questions)