Re: RH8 Gnome Question - ADding Removing Start Menu Items

From: the-linux-guy (praet_eddy_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/05/04

Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:34:19 +0100

Dan wrote:

> How do add/delete items/groups form this? Also I
> want to change Start -> Internet -> Web Browser so it starts Mozilla 1.5
> but see no way to do this.

No, you just can't edit the GNOME start menu as you would with KDE...
Sorry, but it's one of the most annoying things about GNOME, I'm affraid.
There is some "trick" going around these newsgroups to enable menu-editing
in GNOME, but it *can* cost you you're whole GNOME setup ! (It did so in
*my* case anyway :-(

--
With kind regards,
Eddy Praet

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Making KDE my default GUI....
    ... > is comparison reviews between Gnome and KDE. ... > me where the file resides that I need to edit? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KDE and Gnome
    ... I'm not sure if there's a simple way to bar Gnome apps from your KDE ... right-clicking on the menubar and clicking "Edit Menus," and I'm sure ... finished installing the other desktop? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Edit gnome menu
    ... the fedora icon in the gnome panel. ... But there is no option to edit. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: editing menus
    ... Its more of a pain than editing in KDE, I assume this is just gnome not ... > Does anyone know a way to edit the menus in Gnome on RH8. ... > KDE menus using kmenuedit, but have not found a way to edit Gnome menus. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: My first message... more of a mad mans rant...
    ... dirty and edit a file. ... Most users do not want to EDIT ... Debian's default desktop is Gnome. ... can't do via some Gnome GUI in terms of your routine administration ...
    (Debian-User)