Re: RH9 Hangs My PC while installation

From: Farooq Karim (saden_paki_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/06/04

    Date: 5 Jan 2004 22:11:21 -0800

    Ken Prox <kprox@wwnet.net> wrote in message news:<D%2Ib.115$eF1.75@fe10>...
    > Farooq Karim wrote:
    > >
    > > I tried what u suggested but my system did not boot into linux as it
    > > stopped when it reached a certain point.
    > >
    > > Actually I am using GRUB to boot linux, Do I have to configure the
    > > above suggestion for grub if yes then please let me know how to do
    > > this for grub.
    > >
    > > thanks for the help.
    >
    > Are you using RPM to install netbeans?

    As a matter of fact, does this make any difference...

    some people are suggesting that my memory has got some problem on
    linux do you think it could be true?

    • Re: dual booting computer sheddies to the bridge
      ... I knocked up an old puter with two drives, ... The usual "duel boot" spelling is not entirely accidental. ... Kubuntu drive as master and Win drive as slave grub comes up but there`s ... If I put the winxp disk as master and the linux disk as slave, ...
      (uk.rec.sheds)
    • Re: [SLE] grub refuses to grub
      ... Note before I had Suse 9.0 with Grub and with Suse 9,2 it doesn't work ... > for Windows and 60 gig HD for Linux, a regular CDROM and a CDRW. ... > which distro I try to install and have install Grub, ... > where the actual boot sector is, and I gather, where the actual Grub ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: GRUB boots to prompt but wont boot OS
      ... as well as a linux kernel. ... In the grub subdirectory of the boot partition the ... Yet grub will not boot the kernel. ... existing disc using gparted. ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: Fedora / Windows Boot.
      ... If both hard drives were connected during the Linux installation it ... should have asked you if you wanted to use Grub as the boot loader. ... If Windows is on the primary hard drive it will show up ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: How install GRUB into partition after Debian install?
      ... > Can Grub keep into the MBR and doesn't give a chance for XP take over ... usually I am setting up linux parts ... > be able to boot my Linux partition after windows reinstallation. ... > if Grub works like I would like to I could change the boot manager. ...
      (Debian-User)