Re: Kinda new at Linux ^^

From: Lenard (lenard_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 02/04/04

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:04:48 GMT

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:04:34 -0800, Krhis typed:

> Yep, it's a drive from my other computer. It has all of my .avi's and
> mp3's. I have already looked around trying to find out how to mount it but
> can't find anything.

>From the console or xterm session type something like;

fdisk -l /dev/hdb

This will tell you the partition(s) and the filesystem type(s).

As root from the console or xterm session try something like;

mkdir /mnt/win_drive
mount -t vfat /dev/hdb1 /mnt/win_drive
ls -al /mnt/win_drive
umount /mnt/win_drive

If you have more than one partition then make additional mountpoints as
desired. And if your filesystem(s) on hard drive are ntfs (Windows
NT or 2000 or XP) visit;

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/

As Dan M has already stated read the man pages; 'man mount' 'man fstab'