SB Live! and SiteCom USB2 Conflict

From: jan soldaat (x33159_at_westerterp.com)
Date: 02/08/04

    Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 01:53:36 +0100

    Hi,

    Since I installed a new Sitecom 5-port USB2 card my sound systems fails.
    I noticed on Control Center they are on the same IRQ #9.
    The first time RH9 booted with this hardware it announced the
    soundsystem would not work.

    Tried forcing IRQ's in my BIOS. But whatever I do, the soundcard remains
      disabled according to Control Center. And in the IRQ list it is gone
    completely after changing some PCI-slots settings in the BIOS...

    Q1: Where can I re-enable the soundcard ? "Soundcard Detection" does
    not bring it back to life...

    I'd like to try and change the IRQs for all devices thru software (Linux
    configs) rather than via the BIOS (well I need to, it doesn't work here
    thru BIOS at all apparantly).
    Q2: What files do I need to check out/change to make my own selection of
    IRQs for several bits of hardware ?

    TIA

    jan

    • ACPI related panic
      ... latest bios + some patches to fix utallocate errors) I'm ... irq 2 ... Location Bus Device Pin Link IRQs ... device fwohci0 requested decoded memory range 0xfaffb800-0xfaffbfff ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: Too many items under BIOS/IRQ9 to install USB 2.0
      ... IRQ9 which is listed under BIOS Version/Date (which is, ... is there just one IRQ? ... There are 16 hardware irqs before XP rerouting. ... work with the irq freed up in the bios setup. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: High CPU usage problem
      ... IRQ sharing isn't usually an issue. ... control is overridden by the OS, so trying to manually map IRQs isn't ... USB loading relates to how much Root Hub power is consumed. ... I've tried changing mapping from the bios but the bios seems to have a ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: 2.6.0-test3-mm3 reserve IRQ for isapnp
      ... >The reserve IRQ feature in your BIOS should not effect the linux kernel. ... >your ide controller. ... hub 1-0:0: enabling power on all ports ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Black screen on booting
      ... Check and recheck your video adapter driver and BIOS. ... Your IRQ sharing seems normal to me. ... >down overnight, but if you wait till it warms up, it will boot as follows: ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)